META Publishing and developer ONE-O-ONE Games have announced AFTERMATH, a psychological survival thriller that will be released in 2022 via Steam, Epic Games Store and GOG for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Here is an overview of the game, via META Publishing:
Charlie Gray was on top of the world. As a talented engineer and European astronaut, her career had taken her where most people could only dream; But after a failed reentry to Earth and the traumatic events that followed, Charlie returns with a broken spirit. As their life grows darker and darker, Charlie now finds himself isolated in an abandoned, defragmented world. All she knows is that she has to find what still counts: Sammy.
In AFTERMATH, the players follow Charlie’s journey through an unknown European city in search of their daughter and not only fight an unearthly presence, but also their own demons.
Analyze your surroundings and take advantage of the urban resources that are available to you. Everyday, everyday items can become an invaluable tool in the fight against the enigmatic beings that now occupy the city. Study alien weaknesses and find the best approach to taking out the ones you want to use as an offering.
- A strong human story – What shape does humanity take in the face of unimaginable events? Do we unite and get stronger or do we fall apart? Does our past still shape us or do we find strength in focusing on what could be? AFTERMATH delves deeply into philosophical, psychological, and other questions that we may be asked when we find ourselves in an impossible situation.
- Unique visual design – With stunning aesthetics, created by the brilliant mind of the enigmatic Italian master of visual art Alessandro Bavari, the artist behind the design of Ridley Scott’s Alien: Covenant and Suspiria.
- Realistic crafting – AFTERMATH uses Charlie’s engineering spirit and scientific approach to develop a new way of looking at the craft rather than a simple system. Observe and note your surroundings to come up with a blueprint and then find and combine the necessary pieces to adapt and overcome.
- Stay healthy, stay ready – Eating the right food, maintaining mental health and physical endurance will keep you one step ahead of your enemy and help you stay vigilant and ready to outsmart your opponents.
- Face your enemy – Charlie is being chased by an invisible enemy. Uncover the secret of this seemingly invincible “hunter” and use every facet of your arsenal to outsmart it and survive. But what other forces might lurk in what remains of the city and beyond? What is the fate of humanity?
- A familiar environment – Explore a detailed recreation of a storied city defragmented by the terrifying power of an ancient alien artifact looming ominously overhead.
- Life and death are a mystery – Charlie is trapped in a waking nightmare. What happens and why is a core secret that is tormenting Charlie any moment. If death isn’t the end, what is it?
- An original soundtrack – AFTERMATH offers a rich and varied soundtrack with original works by artists such as UNKLE, Planet Funk and many more.
How will you approach AFTERMATH? Do you become the prey or will you overcome your physical and mental obstacles to become the hunter?
Check out the announcement trailer below. Take a look at the first screenshots in the gallery.